Thursday, May 20, 2010

Love.

I can tell you the exact moment I fell in love with Germany. Really in love. Like when I knew that I have to come back here again at some point in time.

It was a Sunday. On Sunday in Germany everything is closed, the stores, everything except cafés and restaurants, and they aren't open as long as usual. On this Sunday, maybe about a month ago, I was visiting Nürnberg. It was pouring rain, but a bit of sunshine was shining through. We went up to the castle, and into the gardens, where despite the rain, the flowers were as bright as on a sunny day. As I walked along the castle wall, seeing the flowers and Germany down below, it hit me. I've fallen in Love with Germany. And I can tell you, there are a few places I love, but not a humongous number of them. There are still a few places I love more than Germany, like Farnsworth, but I can tell you, Germany will remain in my heart forever.

0 comments: