Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday's Waffle... (Whattt? It's Thursday again?!)

10 Things I Lovee about the Big NH.


1. The abundance of trees. You don't miss 'em 'til they're gone gone gone. And boy, do I miss my friends the trees. If you have any questions about how much I love trees, feel free to ask Alison.

2. How when you look anwhere in any direction, you see mountains. The entire landscape is surrounded by mountains. Here there are just some hills, even though they call them mountains.

3. The license plates that say "Live Free or Die". I love the independence of it.

4. The fresh crisp air. Nothing like a place without too many cities.

5. It's next to Vermont, which is just plain awesome.

6. There is LOTS OF SNOW in the winter. For doing fun snow things with. And winter carnival.

7. The proximity of the wilderness. I never realized how much I took that for granted. It's not a common thing for the rest of the world I suppose.

8. Mexican food. Yes, I know New Hampshire is no where near Mexico, but it is closer to Mexico than Europe, and for some reason, has good mexican food. And Germany has NO mexican food.

9. The cheerfully niceness of people there. I really think that's just a New Hampshire thing, I haven't been to a place where it's quite the same. (Though people here are super nice too, just not the same I suppose.)

10. The lakes. There are way more lakes in New Hampshire than here. I guess that many lakes isn't normal? It's nice anyways.

loveeeee,
em!

1 comments:

Mom said...

Going away from home can help you appreciate your home even more than you thought. I felt that way when I spent a few months in Colorado. It was beautiful, but so different from the beauty in NH and Maine. All types of beauty are great, but we are very fortunate to have so much here.