Sunday, October 04, 2009

Brot, Brot, und mehr Brot :)

Deutschland has the best bread in the entire world. There isn't anywhere else that comes close. I'll probably be a balloon by the time I come home, its so good. 


I think that I've probably learned the equivalent of a german one class now, maybe even a german two class (though that might be pushing it). The funny thing is, all the vocab I know is so different from what I would learn at school. I know the word for hydrogen (Wasserstoff), but not the word for white. I can remember words like Thymian (Thyme), und violin schlüssel, but not to know or to remember. Though it is improving slowly and surely, hopefully the speed of my learning will pick up soon. I don't even know all the numbers... but i know a lot more now!

Today was basically an awesome day that had to do with singing in a church, waffles, pirates of the caribbean, and guitars. What more could you want? (Besides being able to speak german of course.)

Ciao!
Em

La Canción: Drunken Sailor. Because one day in Sport Verena and Sarah were singing it, and it has kept popping up and reminding me of them since. (like in my book, Sarah playing it on the guitar, on television...)

1 comments:

Alison said...

i'm diggin' the new layout ;)
and i miss youuuuu