Sunday, September 27, 2009

Observations on Trains.

I have a love/hate relationship with trains. They just love to baffle me beyond belief, and just when I think I've gotten the hang of one aspect, I'm befuddled again. I am not a fan of riding the train to school in the mornings, it's way to crowded for my taste (I guess that's how people who ride the bus feel). Plus its still dark outside/people block out the windows so I can't see anything. But riding the train home is a different story. I can chill out, look out the windows and watch the German landscape stroll by. The trains rock back and forth a little, which is sort of nice and calming. Just listening to my iPod for a few minutes on it is nice. Plus in the afternoon, there is less than half the number of people on it as in the morning. I just stand up and lean with the train, even if there are open seats. At first it was a real challenge to ride the train standing up, and I kept almost falling, but I've gotten much better. And though I may have been talented enough to miss the train, or fall into some strangers, the train and I are getting along better now. (Plus its pretty cool to be able to take something from my little town into the city when I want to.)

What else have I been up to? Hmmmm... Its been a pretty cool week overall, which had its ups and downs. I think I've made some good friends at school which is really nice, and can't wait to see them tomorrow. Though whenever I do things with people from my town I feel like an awkward tagalong (the story of Oktoberfest), but it's not as bad at school. This week I've been exploring Heidenheim a little on my own, and found a nice little park to sit and read in when I need to kill time. Oktoberfest was basically just a big fair with beer halls and drunks (though the drunks could be quite entertaining I must say). But shopping before in München was tons of fun. I bought a cool sweatshirt-y thingy, and we all tried on the funny bavarian style oktoberfest dresses. 

That's all for now really, tschüss!
Em

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo Em,

Wie geht's? Der Zug hoert sich ja wirklich spassig an. :)
Ich mag deine Posts,es ist sehr interessant zu lesen, doch bin ich sehr froh das du sie noch in Englisch veroeffentlichst:)

Ich vermisse Dich!

Aunt Beth

PS I might have had Jessica's help with this... all of it actually!! :)