Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Sprenchen Sie Deutsch? Nein.

So guess what? Even though I don't really know any German at all, I'm not going to a language camp! Yay, right? Well, the good thing is at least that I get to start out with my real host family and I get to start school at the same time as everyone else. 


At least I finally know what's happening travel-wise. I fly to DC on the 8th. Then I hang out in DC for a few days with the other CBYX kids, doing orientations and such. Then on the 11th we fly to Frankfurt. From Frankfurt I take a train to Ulm where my host family picks me up! :D I'm so excited!!!! Now I just need to pack...

So in the mean time, while I probably should have been getting ready for Germany (woops) 
I went on a three day canoe trip with Katie and her family AND a three day hiking trip with my dad. Which both turned out pretty awesome. I summitted three more four thousand footers,
 Jackson, Pierce (Clinton), and Eisenhower. The views were spectacular.  I'm going to take off a year between high school and college and hike the Appalachian Trail. It'll be amazing. 

In less than a week I'll be off on my way to Germany and to a new and exciting life! This will probably be my last post from home for a very long time.

Bis bald,
Em

La CanciĆ³n: Fish Heads by Barnes & Barnes. Its been stuck in my head for the past fews days; at camp someone from waterfront sang it a bunch. 

0 comments: