Sunday, September 20, 2009

Procrastination.

So if you are reading this, you are benefitting from me procrastinating doing my Mathe homework. Its a legitimate procrastination though, because its auf Deutsch and I will have to figure out what the directions are saying. Anyways...


Today I went to a Drachenfestival (kite festival). It was pretty cool, but there wasn't much wind. I think it would have been amazing if there was more wind, there were lots of huge kites that were just on the ground because their wasn't enough wind for them. Then I went to a cave, which was really really long (the longest in southern germany I think). Everyone though it was cold, I didn't, and went in just my T-shirt. (It's warmer here than in NH.) Then on the way home we found out where Reinhard was driving his horse, and went there. Somehow we ended up in some hidden garden with a hidden pond thing while he took some people around. It was like a little quaint party in there, and the people seemed nice. They gave me champagne. Then I went with Reinhard and I drove the cart around for a bit, which was really fun. 

Yesterday I went to a high ropes course with the musikfreunde. It was loads of fun! I ended up hanging out with a 12 or 13 year old for most of the time, Malta, but she was really nice so it was cool. At one point in time I ended up being stuck on the snowboard/skateboard thingy. It is a snowboard with two chords underneath it attached  on each side to a chord (one on each side) running from one tree to the other. Then there is a chord above it that a rope is attached to and swings back and forth with. So I went on it and the snowboard touched the other side before sliding back a bit so I couldn't reach the other side. So I stood there for like five minutes, hanging on to the rope, trying to swing the board forward enough to reach the other side. (Remember, everyone there speaks german except for me, and I was the only one on this specific course.) Then some people from my group on another course see me and shout to me trying to help. Eventually I pull myself forward by putting one foot on one of the chords and using that to pull me forward. After the ropes course we got eis, which is supposed to translate into ice cream, but it really isn't, its more like gelato (actually I think it IS gelato). I was going to go to Sina's mother's birthday party with my family that night, but I stayed home and slept instead. (And I feel like sleeping now, though its not even 8pm yet.)

Friday was also a really good day. I was in two french classes, where I didn't understand
anything or try to, but that was okay. I had Geschichte (History), Mathe, und Englisch that I understood what was happening in. In Physik I sorta understood what was happening, just not exactly. In Chemie I understood nothing, but we watched a tiny bit of James Bond, so that made it better. Plus I was extremely tired by then, so I didn't really care what was happening. Then I had my first Deutsch lesson, and it was really helpful to finally have one. I'm going to have them Montag - Freitag except not on Donnerstag (Thursday). There were two other kids it in both boys, one from Brazil and one from Paraguay. They seemed pretty nice. Then I came home and was EXHAUSTED.

Tomorrow I only have classes until noon, and then four hours between that and my german lesson so I think I'm going to come home in between (I don't know of anything to do in Heidenheim, or how to get from my school to central Heidenheim.)

Tschüss!

Em

0 comments: