Monday, June 08, 2009

Bleckity Bleckity Blehh.

You know how sometimes there are just those bad, icky days? Well, today is one of them. It is a Monday, though. Anyways, I was feeling sick, just bleh, and the only thing I was really looking forward to was playing my sax in band. And then spanish ends and its time for band! But what is this? No saxophone? I left King Dagobert at home. Lovely. First time all year, the second to last week of school. Thankfully Morgan let me borrow the Duke of Kingsington for the second half, and that basically made me realize how badly I need to get mine cleaned and some new pads too. 


One of my BIGGEST pet peeves is people being sexist, mainly the pet peeve being on the part that all men, or boys, are stronger than women or girls. Even when people don't realize it. I was eating lunch when Zach comes in, a senior guy, and a teacher (who had been in there the whole time I had) asked him to help her bring out some big heavy boxes out to her car. And its not like I never help her, or he just helps her all the time. No. She asked him because he was a guy. And though after I pointed this out, and even though it was a more subconscious decision it still irks me. Sometimes I'm even stronger than the guys asked! For spanish once the same sort of thing happened, with three guys and me, and I went with them to carry some boxes anyways to prove my point, and two of the were weaklings that couldn't carry very much at all! Gahhh. But I will stop the aggression here. 

I was reading This Is Your Brain On Music (Daniel Levitin) and it is one of the most interesting books I have ever read. And I'm not one for non-fiction usually. Ich empfehle es! I haven't quite finished it, but at one point it even made me want to be a composer. Except I could never compose anything, because I am NOT artistic. Though it would be cool. I wouldn't compose it about normal things like the usual composers do, I would make it a story about something unusual like, I don't know, a rat in a sewer maybe? Or an island forming! That would be amazing. I can see it all in my head, just not on paper. But I do highly recommend this book, it is quite thought provoking.

And on a light note, the trees are green and the sky is blue, and soon enough I'll be out of school and off to camp and then Germany! Nine actual school days left for me I think? This will be the end of my life as I know it, or at least thats what I've been told. The last nine days. Oh wow. I better enjoy them! Well, I'd best get a move on it then! Ciao!

2 comments:

Alison said...

zach is dumb, that's pretty much all i have to say.. but i do like this post, even though your day was blecky. :D

Emily said...

alison, even though it looks like you're on blogger it will not let me see your profile :'( you should change your settings... and you could even make your own blog *hint hint*