Thursday, June 04, 2009

The First... Ever!

Hey.... uh, everybody?

So this is my first blog, if you haven't already figured that out. It being created primarily on the fact that I'm going to Germany next year! So to be short, I received the CBYX (Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange) Scholarship for a year in Germany. Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten my host family yet, but I will continue to wait. Oh, and I get to fly on the most brilliant day of September 11th! Yay! Anyways, this blog isn't only for Germany, if all goes well hopefully it will continue on después (and before as you can clearly see).

Oh, and an extremely saddening thing I found out today! I taught Health Rocks (a class about not doing drugs and such) with Leanne and Elyse about stress and how to deal with it. They had all the normal things that stress them out ("them" being fourth graders), siblings, homework, school, friends, chores, parents, and then seventh highest on the list, the shocker: MUSIC CLASS. How appalling! Though some of the lists had much worse, and very depressing things on them that I will not mention because they are quite private. But one girl did put TV on her list, which drastically impressed me. Thank God (even though she might not exist, but I might as well thank her anyways) that some children are not falling for its brain numbing pull. 

Well, I think that is all for now, sorry this is such a lame post. Maybe with practice it will get better? Had to start somewhere, and seeing how this one looks, I can't see it getting much worse (which means it can only get better!) Adios, I need to go do some things with Schizophrenia.

1 comments:

Dorothy said...

emily, you are one of the most in depth and thoughtful writers i know. you're updates are realistic and open, i feel as if you are painting a story above my head. i love your book references, but also you outlook on a life changing adventure. you will forever be my german heroine. please keep us readers informed on camp life, german life, and real life. i hope you find yourself wrapped in friendship no matter where you travel, and know that you are the difference.

<3