Friday, June 26, 2009

Oh Hermaringen, Oh Hermaringen...

I. HAVE. A. HOST. FAMILY. But I don't really know much about them. I'm going to be in Hermaringen, Baden-Wurttemberg. My host Mom's name is Sabine Wirth, and I'll have a host dad and three host siblings. Ahhhh, I'm so excited! I'll make a longg boring post with more information about them when I have it. I found the town's webpage though, so if you want to check it out here's a link: Hermaringen (It's in german but translators help ;)


Anyways, back to the boring old Newport-ian life, plus an adventure in Concord:
  • I got one of the fuzzy things that goes in your saxophone like Raynalde's at a music store! Maybe my saxophone will be happy now :)
  • I need a ukulele and to learn how to play it. (after the guitar of course...)
  • While waiting in concord Alison and I hung out in Eagle Square, she drew pictures, and I wrote bad and absurd poetry. Here's the one about a whale eating owl (Alison said I couldn't write one about that):
"My owl is friendly
He almost never bites
Except when a medley
Of whales give him frights!"
Yeah, that's not the worst either...
  • I don't want to give up vegetarianism. I feel nauseated anytime I think about eating meat. 
  • The lilacs are destroyed. (well "pruned" actually, but it's still sad)
  • There was an advertisement/game about beating up Obama. How disgusting. 
  • When I was mowing the lawn today I found a Jesus figurine whose head was chopped off. I couldn't find the head, so it must not have been me.
La CanciĆ³n: On Planet Earth by Danielle Ate the Sandwich. Because Dorothy told me to listen to her, and also, my ukulele desires. 

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

Emily! everything about this posts pleases me! from the host family down to Danielle ate the Sandwich! :) you made my day m'lady.
although, it just means you're are closer to leaving us poor Newport people.

Alison said...

i finally figured out how to post of these things, so i plan on commenting on ALL of them :) aaaaand..
"Today i took a drive,
Up to merry Concord.
I hit a butterfly alive,
and turned it into custard."
hahahaha, that's the best i have ever heard. EVER. :D

Emily said...

why thank you both :)
and alison, your drawing for that poem of mine was simply amazing too, jaja ;)